A tasty Stilton recipe to celebrate the arrival of spring
Spring is finally upon us! So why not celebrate by making Colston Bassett Stilton and Tomato Puffs – the perfect dish for a fresh spring evening.
- 375g/13oz puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 250g/9oz plum tomatoes halved
- 150g/5oz Stilton blue cheese crumbled
- 4 basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F/Gas mark 6. Unroll the ready rolled
pastry and cut out 8 equal circles (10 cm/4 in) using a cutter.
2. Brush with the beaten egg and place well-spaced out on a baking sheet. Bake in a
preheated oven for 10 minutes and then turn over.
3. Brush the edges with egg and then spread with the green pesto. Arrange some whole
and halved baby plum tomatoes on each pastry and scatter the crumbled Stilton over the top.
4. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Serve warm
garnished with basil leaves.
Recipe from www.stiltoncheese.co.uk